Friday, November 21, 2008

Sunday Morning Comedown

I feel the strong dull thud of my heart’s bell clanging repeatedly against my iron chest.

Reverberation after another, I lose more of myself each time.

Feeling lost in my own skin, wandering aimlessly in my own foreign mind.

I open my mouth to speak but my tongue has lost its identity.

I dip now into a shallow pool of personality, borrowed temporarily for the use of my own, from those around me.

I dig and find a suitable tone, i speak at last.

I can trace the tone back to the source and my eyes tell the story of someone else.

Lost, bouncing black circles, moving rapidly around, viewing life’s painting with a new intensity, a naïve genius.

To be naïve is golden, to be a child is supreme, to be a bitch is a shame.

I am lost and found in an instance.

My childlike thoughts circle over each other, the parallels no longer perfect, now running closer and closer to each other, their vibrance shared selflessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment